Sunday, September 2, 2018

Make the memory!


“Life is all about memories” according to Protea Hotels. So if visiting Victoria Falls is on your bucket list, get there if you can.

Here is a story from Marc Chernoff that I read a year ago and would like to make my own sometime soon:
“One warm evening nine years ago...
After spending nearly every waking minute with Angel for eight straight days, I knew that I had to tell her just one thing. So late at night, just before she fell asleep, I whispered it in her ear. She smiled... the kind of smile that makes me smile back. And she said, “When I’m seventy-five, and I think about my life and what it was like to be young, I hope that I can remember this very moment.”
A few seconds later she closed her eyes and fell asleep. The room was peaceful... almost silent. All I could hear was the soft purr of her breathing. I stayed awake thinking about the time we’d spent together and all the choices in our lives that made this moment possible. And at some point, I realized that it didn’t matter what we’d done or where we’d gone. Nor did the future hold any significance.
All that mattered was the serenity of the moment.
Just being with her and breathing with her.”
The moral of the story is: “We must not allow the clock and the calendar to blind us to the fact that each moment of life is a miracle and a mystery.“ as instructed by H. G. Wells.

Next time when you want to push that snooze button tell yourself this: “No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.” according to Regina Brett. Then go out and make someone’s day - and this will make yours. Guaranteed!

Besides, Woody Allen’s mother always told him: “If you don’t do it, then you aren’t going to be able to do the thing.”

Feel free to sing in the shower: "So today is my new favourite day!" as Winnie-the-Pooh loves to say.

Actually I say: “Sure – work hard, but at some point just be. There’s no need to always have a plan, and even if you have a plan, there’s no rule that you should stick to it. Relax. Indulge in enjoying life with your loved ones. Know that this moment will not come again.” Now just think about that...

References:-
Proteahotels.com by Marriott
The Blissful Art of Being and Breathing” by Marc Chernoff 
“Winnie-the-Pooh” by A.A. Milne
"Woody Allen Interview - VICKY CRISTINA BARCELONA" by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub
Plus: H. G. Wells; Regina Brett; Anton Blignault

Photo credits:-
Kalk Bay harbour by Anton Blignault
Buffalo Bay, Cape Point Nature Reserve by Anton Blignault

© 2018 Anton BLIGNAULT, Cape Town South Africa

No comments: